Advanced Education Series-Opioids (100 Licenses)
Over the last decade, healthcare providers (HCPs) have been on the frontlines regarding the use of opioid analgesics to manage chronic pain. Opinions continue to flourish, with many professionals gravitating to one extreme or another, either utilizing opioids too much, too little, or in some cases not all. HCPs face medical decisions every day revolving around prescription opioid medication utilization. However, so few are armed with the education to make those decisions based on best practices, and thus do not have confidence in transcending the plethora of published guidelines. The need for opioid education has grown in relation to the increased scrutiny of treatment decisions by insurance companies and regulatory agencies. To address this need, PAINWeek has created the Advanced Education Opioids Certification Series to enable practitioners to successfully treat their chronic pain patients with a full understanding of the risks and benefits of this class of analgesics.
This certification comprises 15 CE/CME hours of modules with self-assessment quizzes, PLUS a bonus 4 hours composed of three segments: 1) summaries of key learnings, 2) case studies, and 3) faculty panel discussion.
- Opioid Conversion Calculations
- Finding Balance: Opioid Prescribing in Palliative Care
- Opioid Side Effects and Interactions
- Abuse Deterrent Formulation Opioids
- Opioid Utilization Best Practices
- Opioid Utilization in the Opioid Crisis
- Patient-Centered Drug Testing in the 21st Century
- Buprenorphine: Molecule, Mechanisms, and Magnaminity
- Opioid Overdose, Abuse, Diversion, Dependence, and Addiction
- Behavioral Interventions for Opioid Use Disorder
- Medication Assisted Therapy: New Opportunities in the Era of an Opioid Crisis
- Panel Discussion